Please review this information carefully.
ODK applications are accepted each Fall and Spring, and are evaluated by a voting group of current ODK members. The UB Circle of ODK typically accepts about 20% of applicants, but remember - at least everyone that applies is minimally qualified. It is an honor just being identified to apply for membership. Voting members base their decisions heavily on students' ability to demonstrate active leadership and service to campus or community.
PRO TIP: Fill out the application in its entirety. The selection committee does not have powers of divination. We only know what you tell us, and if you leave large chunks missing from the application we can only see what was provided. Besides, the mark of a good leader is one who is capable of following directions. If it does not apply, say so.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not notify applicants of incomplete applications. It is the applicant's duty to ensure their application is complete. All incomplete applications are dismissed.
In order to be considered for membership, please carefully review all of the information and make sure to complete the electronic membership application and essay.
PRO TIP: Even if you feel you're being redundant, fill out every section. Your contributions to your local church or community sports team in various capacities are just as important as your contributions to campus organizations.
Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
1. Applicant must be within upper 35% of their class. At UB, this generally means your GPA must be at least 3.3 for undergraduates, 3.6 for graduates, and 3.2 for law students.
2. Applicant must be able to demonstrate active participation in at least one of the five phases of leadership:
- Campus or Community Service, Social and Religious activities, Campus Government
- Journalism, Speech and Mass Media
- Creative & Performing Arts.
Strong, active campus involvement is the primary consideration for membership, but even if you are not a big participant on campus you are still eligible! Community involvement will enhance your application, and is a qualification in and of itself. Applicants should demonstrate an exemplary contribution to campus or community in one or more of the areas above.
3. Applicants must be enrolled for the semester during which the application is considered and must have completed at least two semesters of coursework at UB, including the current semester. Sophmores, juniors, seniors, graduate, and law students are eligible to apply.
1. Complete the electronic membership form. This form is through an online portal which may require you to complete an online profile.
2. Make sure to thoroughly answer each prompt, including the short essay questions. You may wish to write your responses in a word document and then paste it into the electronic application so information is not lost. You should provide as much detail as possible about your involvement history to ensure your application is given full consideration by the ODK voting members.
3. Please carefully review your application prior to submission.
- Do not submit any additional materials or supporting documentation. Other documents, and applications submitted in any other format than the format specified above, will not be reviewed.
- Online application cannot be edited once it has been submitted. If you make a mistake or need to add any information, then you must submit an entirely new application.
- Timely and complete submission of applications is your responsibility. Your complete electronic application, including the essay, must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the announced due date.
- Applicants are advised to print a copy of their application for future reference. Once submitted, all application materials become the property of the Omicron Delta Kappa at UB and will not be returned.
- Applicants will be notified of their status within two weeks of the application deadline.
- Accepted members must pay the lifetime membership fee of $100 to complete their membership during the time of new member orientation, which is usually two weeks after they are notified of their status.
- The national dues are to be paid directly to ODK Headquarters through the online portal. Initial local dues will be collected when we return to campus.
Applicants with questions about the application requirements should e-mail email@example.com at least one week prior to the application deadline.